• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Offensive Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendragon

Apprentice Member
I like this forum and get a lot from it but during my recent forays I kept coming across a comment "Many people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.". I have a sense of humour and see nothing wrong with risque banter but this is just downright offensive. Who the f***k does this person think he is to make such comments. I think the moderators ought to maintain higher standards. I suppose that given Jeremy Clarkson can publicly advocate shooting public sector workers and get away with it, anything goes. Shame on you.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Trouble is the comments is oh so true init?
I know a few that I would like to pop off this mortal coil and they justly deserve such action.
Offensive? If the truth offends then maybe so.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
We're all entitled to our views, mate. If you find it offensive then vote with your mouse and click on out of here. I've left plenty of forums because of that kind of thing, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that others should be bound by my personal sense of decency.

For the record Walter, that makes me smile every time I see it. Reminds me of Paul Newman in Nobody's Fool. Chatting with the bartender and she says to him: "Don't you sometimes just want to shoot someone?" To which he replies: "Yes - that's why I don't own a gun."

:funny::funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
It's a shame you feel this way, however I'm sure it would be better to go direct to Jim rather than being public and complaining about it.

In my experience I know you would be better going down this route rather than creating issues on the forum.

Having said that then if it was me that has offended you then please Pm me and I will willingly give you my mobile number and we can discuss it one to one..

I understand how it can seem, but some comments that are said to friends can seem to be offensive to others but not the person it was directed at..

I'm sure you will find the forum much more informative than offensive. However if you feel being offensive is coming over more that informative then you may be on the wrong forum.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I like this forum and get a lot from it but during my recent forays I kept coming across a comment "Many people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.". I have a sense of humour and see nothing wrong with risque banter but this is just downright offensive. Who the f***k does this person think he is to make such comments. I think the moderators ought to maintain higher standards. I suppose that given Jeremy Clarkson can publicly advocate shooting public sector workers and get away with it, anything goes. Shame on you.

if it is someone on here contact them direct and talk it thought with them

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Don't drag everyone into this dis-agreement. Man-up and talk directly to those involved....
We don't need this on here Thank-you

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
We're all entitled to our views, mate. If you find it offensive then vote with your mouse and click on out of here. I've left plenty of forums because of that kind of thing, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that others should be bound by my personal sense of decency.

For the record Walter, that makes me smile every time I see it. Reminds me of Paul Newman in Nobody's Fool. Chatting with the bartender and she says to him: "Don't you sometimes just want to shoot someone?" To which he replies: "Yes - that's why I don't own a gun."

:funny::funny:

Thank you David.

I have no wish to offend and the comment is far from original. Googling the sentence shows that at least 15200 others found it amusing enough to post online.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a throwaway line, it's funny and at sometime or another most people will find it funny. I often say that I wish I was allowed machine guns mounted to the front of my car or at the back so that I could stop tailgaters permanently. If it was legal I would have them. Deal with it.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
And this comment by some one who spent years in local government what else do you expect :funny::funny::funny::funny: go for it Walter

Jim

Grand Master
I also saw the same comment, but i saw nothing other than what it was meant to be, if we was to start banning and deleting articles that was posted with tongue in cheek and aimed at no-one personally it wouldn't be much of a forum to visit to be honest ... For everyone's information i have deleted One post on these forums that was found offensive to one member who dropped me a PM regarding the message. I had no qualms deleting the said post and i then informed the Poster why it was deleted. It is not easy to moderate threads or posts that is said with no malice, you have to look further than what is written ..

Thanks for everyone's comments, but if you would like to take it further then please use the PM facility.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.