• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bank Balance lighter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Took Cheeky Chops to Machine Mart today.
She was in her element practising her gymnastics around the machinery, she drew a crowd of passers by watching at the window they thought it was a show put on by the shop.
Manager offered her Favourable discount to continue, she went out on to the pavement and got some of the crowd involved and did ballet dancing and Choi whatever that is.
What an amazing person she is, no embarrassment just pure show off, dunno where she got that from with shy people around her like me init?
After it all settled down we shopped for a Jacobs chuck and a set of Dewalt brad points plus some extra long drill bits plus a belt sander plus many other bits and pieces.
Shop boss fell in love with my granddaughter and gave her lots of freebies. I got sweet F.A. Except a days loss of pay and hole in my bank account.
A few tears for a doting granddad works wonders init?
Took her home to Bedford and plotted her up in the garage making sure everything worked as it should, while having a cuppa with her dad she made this for me from her ill gotten gains.

P1070884 (Custom).JPG

Cos I need my eyes testing again, nice thought or a pee take?
When I visited John Davis with the boys outing I got some yew from outside 2 logs at £4,00 each and a small plank for £2.00 cut the plank up and got more than 20no 15 inch X 1 inch squares lovely colours from beige to purple in it she nicked most of it and loads more of my blanks. This was made fro one of those which she was disappointed with cos the colour drained as it shrunk so she left it on the large size which I prefer so I can grab it init?
She is well set up now so soon into her career hope she carries on spinning bless her.

Charly says Goodnight all it's been a busy couple of days and she is tired now.
Ooh and MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN EVERYBODY.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
If grandchildren can't get blood out of a stone then No one will...:tongue:

Well done grump, Charly certainly has got a great mentor ..:winking: that must be your Drain, getting you hand in you pocket ..:winking:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well they say that you reap what you sow and you must have done a good job with your children to get such a special young lady.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes and I bet you loved every min of it showing of that's my granddaughter then spoiling her something rotten well what are grandparents for mate love it

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).