• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thats F**%$d It!

Jim

Grand Master
The wife asked me to download Fifty Shades of Gray for her Niece, i did and like a fool clicked on the file with out taking much notice, it was an .EXE file .. I just spent two hours trying to remove a Trojan and i now can't load up my comp ... Sat here now on the wife's computer until my Son gets here on Friday to hopefully sort it out for me ... :sob::sob:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
The wife asked me to download Fifty Shades of Gray for her Niece, i did and like a fool clicked on the file with out taking much notice, it was an .EXE file .. I just spent two hours trying to remove a Trojan and i now can't load up my comp ... Sat here now on the wife's computer until my Son gets here on Friday to hopefully sort it out for me ... :sob::sob:

Ed - What Trojan you got? I may be able to help you.....:winking:

ZuluTiming

I have had success often with MalwareBytes free version. If you can use the internet on the infected computer try running that. If you cannot you will have to go to Safe mode (Pressing F7 while restarting) and downloading it into a CD on another computer.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks guys, the comp wont boot up after it told me to restart it .. I know what it looks like David, but you re going to have to believe me on this one .. :tongue:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You know what they say about computers and air-conditioning:devil:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Er no .. But i aint asking lol ... :face:

That's okay, when you start putting your hot drink in the fridge you won't care anyway:tongue:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Updated ...

Well i am now back on my own comp using the graphics card from the wife's computer .. It turns out that when i restarted the computer my graphics card went caput, but the software i ran seemed to have done the trick of removing the trojan .. Lesson learnt and will now buy Norton again having let it lapse a few weeks ago ... :thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Updated ...

Well i am now back on my own comp using the graphics card from the wife's computer .. It turns out that when i restarted the computer my graphics card went caput, but the software i ran seemed to have done the trick of removing the trojan .. Lesson learnt and will now buy Norton again having let it lapse a few weeks ago ... :thumbs:

Norton a pain avast is as good as any and it free

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Updated ...

Well i am now back on my own comp using the graphics card from the wife's computer .. It turns out that when i restarted the computer my graphics card went caput, but the software i ran seemed to have done the trick of removing the trojan .. Lesson learnt and will let the wife bugger her computer up next time :thumbs:

Sorted that for you mate :winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Lesson learnt and will now buy Norton again having let it lapse a few weeks ago ... :thumbs:

Forget Norton, have a look at this it's the PC version of a great Mac AV, daily updates and runs in the background, you will hardly notice it is there, unlike Norton.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).