• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

3d Printer

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I was a bit early for my train back from London yesterday so went into Selfridges to have a browse (as one does). There was a guy demonstrating 3d printing which was amazing. He gave me this bracelet for my daughter. I love gadgets and a 3d printer is now on the list along with a cnc machine, planer thicknesser and drum sander. Oh and Ferarri. Some people would say that some of these are not gadgets but tools so maybe they should all be under the heading of toys.:thumbs:

Attachments

• bracelet1.jpg
    bracelet1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 48
  • bracelet2.jpg
    bracelet2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 47

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ah, but with a Ferrari, you could sell it and buy all my other toys and a Porsche...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ah, but with a Ferrari, you could sell it and buy all my other toys and a Porsche...

Yes, but you would have to pay for the Ferry first and the printer could still do a Porch and your house would be warmer.

Get the printer and we can all send you files to print, at £5.00 per print it should take you only a year to pay for it all and your Porch would be free:kiss:

Peter

Peter

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
3d printer is on my list too, Paul. They are easy enough to make, the electronics are probably the most costly. Total outlay less than £500 would produce a rather nice one. Filament is not cheap - 1.7mm PLA is about £40 a kilo. Software is also a bit tricky to learn, but you can have a whole software tool chain from freeware, so cost is not an issue there.

Jim

Grand Master
It sure does give out quality images ... I wouldn't mind this on my list but it will be behind many other wants ... :ciggrin:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Yes, but you would have to pay for the Ferry first and the printer could still do a Porch and your house would be warmer.

Get the printer and we can all send you files to print, at £5.00 per print it should take you only a year to pay for it all and your Porch would be free:kiss:

Peter

Peter

No No No, I've already got a porch.... its a fast car I want so that I get 20yr old blonds falling at my feet.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
3d printer is on my list too, Paul. They are easy enough to make, the electronics are probably the most costly. Total outlay less than £500 would produce a rather nice one. Filament is not cheap - 1.7mm PLA is about £40 a kilo. Software is also a bit tricky to learn, but you can have a whole software tool chain from freeware, so cost is not an issue there.

Ummm, make one David, I would struggle to use one..:thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
My Kodak all in one printer has the 3d facility and it cost about £70 and it never gets used the 3D that is

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
No No No, I've already got a porch.... its a fast car I want so that I get 20yr old blonds falling at my feet.

Okay, with you now...couldn't you print out a 20yr old blond, you could even make sure collars and cuffs match and she could have 3 breasts:thumbs:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Okay, with you now...couldn't you print out a 20yr old blond, you could even make sure collars and cuffs match and she could have 3 breasts:thumbs:

Peter

Peter, you have all the best Ideas... that's it, that's what I'm going to do and then I'll print a castle and loads of money.... but then... I just know I'll wake up and it'll be breakfast time again.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
We had 2 printers at work, after the initial fuss and oh's and ah's. Very few engineers had any ideas what to use them for.
Mainly making control panel facias for our hard-drive testers. And to get the quality it takes so long....
Maybe in a couple of years....:thinks:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
We had 2 printers at work, after the initial fuss and oh's and ah's. Very few engineers had any ideas what to use them for.
Mainly making control panel facias for our hard-drive testers. And to get the quality it takes so long....
Maybe in a couple of years....:thinks:

No good for porches, Ferraris or 20yr old blondes then Rowdy? :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).