• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My White Speckled Corian

Jim

Grand Master
Guys i sold you this corian in the belief that it was genuine 24mm thick .. I have since learnt that this is not the case, even when i was cutting this up i looked for evidence to make sure it was not glued which i saw none to alert me. If anyone i sold this to would like a refund i will gladly do this, i had no intentions to sell this corian to you under any false pretenses ...

Cheers,

Jim

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
When you said it was not glued, I was quite surprised as the guy who gave me all my corian is a top corian fabricator and when I had a guided tour of his facility he told me all the specs, but that was over a year ago and I thought they had made thicker one. It is still the nicest corian I have seen and if anyone would like to sell theirs to me, I would be more than happy to take it. If you want to keep it and drill it, I would advise to drill very slowly and keep withdrawing the bit, just drill 1/4" at a time otherwise the heat will kill the adhesive. The way they glue or join corian is fantastic and is undetectable if done properly. They could cut out a damaged area and insert a piece and when finished you would not be able to see where the damage was.

Come on sell me your corian you bought from Jim.:thumbs:

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm perfectly happy with mine Jim it just needs a bit of TLC as you all can see from the pen I have posted it works

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Jim, you sold it in good faith and I'm extremely happy just to have some. It might need a bit more tlc but it'll still do the trick. I made a pen this evening out of it and I can't wait to get my drill bits to make a fancy one.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I am also very happy with the Corian.
The first one was my fault that's for sure went at it like a bull in a china shop and since then have repaired it. No worrys.
Can't wait to get another order from Timberbits to really try out this beauty on something worthy.

Cheers Jim

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I'll stick with mine Jim....I'll take things easy with it and see how I get on.:thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Here are the pictures

DSCF7180.JPG

DSCF7181.JPG

DSCF7182.JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).