• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

As it is over here mid december 2013.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Xmas BarBQ tomorrow out of town at my Mate Jims place.

Sometimes I think Jim runs the treat as a way of getting the huge workshop cleaned up annually. Huge amount of dust removed and blown out weather perfect 28 degrees celcius.

Over in Perth at the Test Cricket its in the 40,s rather them than me.

Jim has been Professional in Wood Turning since 1999 from being a sheep farmer quite a change but man its no picnic for him. One thing he observed to me today he no longer makes pens as part of his living, his observation is that its like the Car manufacturing business too many models, accessories too much choice for the punters. So many fiddly bits to store maintain and find.

Grateful for Jim he shows a group of us in congenial surroundings techniques, methods and speed of operation those items selling at that time, he sells wholesale to galleries from a wide area from here. His philosophy tempers most of us from rushing into commerce rather to enjoy woodworking as a hobby.

Compliments of the season to everyone its right on that time of the year to look back in retrospect.

General Motors Holden are leaving Australia next year other motor makers are as well a trend and sign of the times, Canada pays more than a dollar for each envelope and in the near future will cease door to door deliveries. Always found dealings with Canada entirely expensive and doubtful deliveries either way in and out that country.

Trust the season is kind to all forum members their families and friends.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I hope you have a lovely Christmas Peter. It doesn't seem right being warm at Christmas and the colder the better for me. I once went to Lapland and it was -32 on one day. Perhaps that's a bit too cold but it felt like Christmas.

It sounds like you have a good crowd of people to share your Xmas BB with and I'm sure the amber nectar will be free flowing. Have a great time Peter and I look forward to seeing more of your stuff and hearing from you in the future.

No cricket mentioned.

Best Regards
Paul.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Thanks, Peter! All the best to you and yours, mate!!!

And please, please, don't mention the cricket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just managed to get out to the chemist and get the last tube of sun block, the reflections of the sun off the lathe bed were getting to me. The chiller in the shed has broken, I cant stand warm coke. Hayfever has become endemic in the Hertfordshire area must be due to the heat wave.

Oh yeah, cant imagine Christmas without the cold damp weather. Got an idea, lets skip Christmas! Thanks Peter, you really cheered us up.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Peter. Here's wishing you and yours a a wonderful Xmas and hope that the new year brings Health, Wealth and Happiness to you all.

Ed & Sue (Mrs Ed).

Jim

Grand Master
Have a very nice and wonderful Christmas Peter, now for some reason a BBQ and Xmas just doesn't seem right lol .... :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Sounds good to me Peter, I wouldn't mind some sunshine this time of year though perhaps I'll wait till the cricket team isn't touring before I venture to your shores :goesred:

Have a great Christmas.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
My little sister has just had her 50th birthday at the Ice hotel in Sweden, slept on a bed of ice at minus 5 inside, minus 27 outside.
BLOODY DAFT COW INIT?
I know where I would rather be, Got a spare stubby cooler there Peter?
I'll bring the VB init?
HAVE A BLOODY LOVELY CHRISTMAS OZ.

Oh just a quick footnote.
This Australian advert was banned in UK I dunno why dyu?
Banned Australian Condom Commercial

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Have a great Christmas Peter. I have done a few bar b's on new year eve, but that has usually been on the back drop or anything from 5 to -10 deg.. Makes cooking the burgers interesting tho..:rolling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Total fire bans most everywhere including BBQ,s fires all round Victoria with overall records in the 40,s today around 40C again guess its cyclical, hot, dry wet whatever but it can devastate a country.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).