• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nice problem to have I suppose....

Ralphsputin

I spent a lot of time doing a series of pens in different woods and acrylics (Jr. Gents, Sierras, slimline, streamline, cigar) as a shop front so if anyone wanted a pen they could say something like, 'that one but as a fountain pen but with a pump in this wood or that wood'. Off goes SWMBO to her work with the box after me explaining all this - what did she come back with? Not orders but a half empty presentation box and a wad of fivers!

On top of that, the one order she did get was for pens of a type not in the box that I have run out of and don't like making (she had one in her handbag) in wood that I haven't got!

:sob::sob:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well that all sounds jolly good I suppose.
Now all you have to do is start again init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes.... nothing, you've told her twice already...:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
That's very similar to what's happened with the pens I've been turning recently, the idea has been to make a selection of samples for folks to choose from that I'll then replicate, but all I get is "I want that actual one"

It's just easiest to flog that pen & then turn another sample :thinks:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
And they say men don't listen!!!!!! LOL:funny::funny::funny:

True Terry but they also tell us we men folk can't mulit-task :shocking::iknow: but I can read & sh1t at the same time, proof as if it was needed of another female fallacy :ave_it:

Mr Finch

First Name
Coll
Lucky (???) you!

I made a pen and pencil slimline in Bubinga as a "demo" set yesterday. Took it into work today to show someone, he ordered it, and then said "no, hang on, can I have those please?" I was a little shocked and pointed out the flaw in the piece of wood (why it was gonna be my "demo") and he said "I don't care, it's hand made, don't want perfection!"

Happy with that, but, am I aiming my sights too high expecting perfection???:nooidea:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I find it easier to sell what you have got instead of making them all to order

Jim

Grand Master
That is not luck Ralph, they saw the quality ... :bwink: Very nice to hear my friend ... :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Sorry Ralph. Just what did you expect...:tongue:

And your better half has done an excellent job too for you, just looks like you can make her your sales director once you have made your first £million..:rolling:

Ralphsputin

What she doesn't understand is that it leaves horrible great gaps in my display case and that they aren't for selling but for polishing and looking at. :nonono: No one should have them they are my creation, my pens, my babies they're MINE MINE MINE! Oops - sorry guys - bit carried away there. :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).