• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from Northumberland

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi
I'm from Northumberland and have just registered after being steered in this direction by Bellringer (many thanks for the heads up).

I turned as a hobby for many years after buying a B&D drill powered lathe whilst at school - a lifetime ago! Later owned a Tyme cub and Coronet elf, so small time stuff.

Sold all my gear about 15 years ago and have just bought a Jet 1014 and record G3 chuck so reaady to have a go again, if I can remember how.

This looks like a great forum so looking forward to reading, learning and hopefully contributing at some stage

Bob

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Bob, young Alex has certainly guided you into the right place...

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Bob bet Alex has already warned you about all the nutters on the forum I am one of the few surviving sane people left

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Come on in Bob, pull up a chair pour yourself a large one light up a huge cigar and sit and enjoy the view init?

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome Bob, any friend of our youngest member will always be welcome here ... :thumbs: Look forward to seeing some of you future work and remember it is like riding a bike ... :wink:

MikeD

Registered
Hi Bob,
I'm visiting your area at the end of this week - Hexham.
Don't pay too much attention to anyone who is no longer graded as a turner of one type or another. Lecturers and others are "special" in their own way :face:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Bob, from another Bob!

Welcome aboard, matey. As a member of this site it's guaranteed that you'll be an expert in no time!!!

Bob.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Bob ..welcome to the greatest forum around ..strange thing innit you are the first Bob from the North East that I've heard of, I've heard of lots of guys called Bobby though.:nooidea:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
.strange thing innit you are the first Bob from the North East that I've heard of, I've heard of lots of guys called Bobby though.:nooidea:

The last time I was up t'north the name Bobby was given to a completely different connotation more in line with :fart:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I will be a while before you see any of my work on here though I might get a chance to try out the lathe over the hols. I work for myself got lots of hobbies / interests and time isn't always easy to find - roll on retirement!

MikeD. They won't understand a "scouser" in Hexham, (assuming you are one). :winking: I'm a bit further north near Morpeth

Bob

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).