• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

FPN message

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Just received an email via FPN ..farhanc has finally finished his pens :pray:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I don't know if he was aiming for that finish, but it doesn't look great.:nooidea:

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
no that was what he was aiming for so he says i told him they were S*** as he has pissed me off over time but i wanted to see what he came up with

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Is this his first attempt? he's obviously getting instruction and by the way he's holding the tools, he doesn't look confident. I do like the clip though.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I seem to remember he paid a high price for the clip, I think it was silver, I have seen nicer clips, although if the photo was better maybe it would be better than I think.

Peter

jttheclockman

OK we need a little bit of a fill in. Have no idea what you are talking about. I tried to down load that link but it was taking forever so I skiped it. :thinks:

Attachments

• DSCF8764.jpg
    DSCF8764.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF8765.jpg
    DSCF8765.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF8766.jpg
    DSCF8766.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
they are silver but as thin as you like i should think

JT there was a guy going round asking about making two pen he wanted them made with solid gold nibs but was not willing to pay the price so bought some ones that he thinks are solid but are not and the found some part made of silver and found a wood turner to help make them and he was a pain in the but

Attachments

• DSCF8363.jpg
    DSCF8363.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
yep he was not willing to spend £70 for the two pen i offered him which would have look much nicer

Ah...you should have declared your conflict of interest before saying his pens look like S**T:wink:

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
No man has ever hacked off so many in the pursuit of so little and achieved even less.

Hopefully he wont manage to speed up beyond his target production rate of one every four months. If he orders new nibs now they should be old enough to satisfy even him by the time he gets to number 10.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).