• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Homemade (Polyester Resin) Dual Colour with Sparkle

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Did some casting a couple of weeks ago.
So I had a go at turning one of them today on a Sierra Kit

Blank: Polyester Resin, 2 Colours (Yellow / Blue Blended using bent copper wire) The Blue Polyester had glitter added as you can see in the photo.
PenKit: Sierra Chrome.
Finish: Micromesh, TCut and Mer Wax.

Something different

yellow blue homecast sierra.jpg

Thoughts :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Rowdy, Have stayed away from and will continue to stay away from casting but if I do it will be watch parts etc because i have so many chemicals accumulated now and so much stuff everywhere.

Like the way you blended this one it turned out great.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Excellent result with the blank Rowdy, I've never thought about casting my own so dof my cap to you for your ingenuity :bravo:

The resulting pen is also a beaut mate, great stuff :thumbs::thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's a very smart cast and lovely pen.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice blank indeed Rowdy, some very nice swirls there separating the large areas of colours ... :bwink:

amazilia

Hi Rowdy, that is exactly how I like them, a bit like the paint spinning pictures from the seaside years ago ! Did you do it inside because of temperature and what resin did you use ?
Regards Terry

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Rowdy, that is exactly how I like them, a bit like the paint spinning pictures from the seaside years ago ! Did you do it inside because of temperature and what resin did you use ?
Regards Terry

Terry,

The Resin was kept overnight in spare room near radiator, didn't get caught...:devil:
First thing warmed up the garage, got the pigments and catalyst warmed as well and then got down to it.
I get all my supplies from - Buy fiberglass and composites supplies online UK - East Coast Fibreglass Supplies
Hope this is of some help

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).