• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Displays

jttheclockman

Not sure how many have seen these but here are a couple pen displays that I use at my shows. I was not sure what forum to post in so if they need to be moved please do so. I am still learning the site.

Anyway the first is a rosewood with yellowheart as the center wood. The wood just has a coat of Danish oil and highly polished. It is a lazy susan type carousel display where it can be spun.

This one is also rosewood with yellowheart sandwiched in between. It has a blue plexiglass mirror in the back.

Thanks for looking and I would love to see some displays thay you all make too.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
They are superb John, I see I need to get to my retirement to hopefully free up some time to get making..

Work is tuff and it does get in the way of so many things I want to do..:down:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You are truly a craftsman John. I display mine in cases I've bought. Any tips on how you made yours? :thinks:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
John,

They are fantastic and put mine to shame, mine are plastic, but i did design them!!!

The blank on the left of the second photo, the sierra and the bullet twist pen, it appears to be a camoflage blank with a fleck of red in it, looks great, where did you get it from?

Regards

Neil

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Superb stands John ....those combined with your beautiful pens say quality to any prospective buyers.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for sharing John, beautiful stands :thumbs:

I've not yet had chance to make anything to display mine on, hopefully that will change soon.

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking stands and pens John, polished to a high standard. I like that you have used a Lazy Suzie on the display, makes it much easy for the customers to see all your pens quite easily ... :bwink:

jttheclockman

You are truly a craftsman John. I display mine in cases I've bought. Any tips on how you made yours? :thinks:

Not sure what kind of tips you would be looking for. The stand with the mirror is just basically a larger version of those acrylic stands. I added my woodworking abilities to it. Any specific questions would be more helpful if you need to know something. I am always willing to share and help.

John,

They are fantastic and put mine to shame, mine are plastic, but i did design them!!!

The blank on the left of the second photo, the sierra and the bullet twist pen, it appears to be a camoflage blank with a fleck of red in it, looks great, where did you get it from?

Regards

Neil

Neil

That is a Shaeffer celoplast material. It was used by that company many years ago. I am not sure if it is still available. I purchased a few rods many years ago over at the IAP site. There was a fella there who was selling off some of his stock. You may want to try Exotic Blanks and see if they still have some. I know they sell some celoplast materials. This stuff is great to work with but is heat sensative. Need to take care when drilling and turning.

I too thought at one time it did look a little like camo material and that is why I put some on some cartridge pens I make and sell. Here is a photo of a Sierra and also a key chain with this stuff. It is an older photo. I do not have much of this stuff left. There was some really nice material used years ago to make pens. Todays acrylics are more wild.

Thanks all for the nice compliments. The stands are just a few of the ones I use. The more and more that I get into pen turning and pen selling I probably will be looking for other ideas to display as well as transport.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).