• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas outing

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
After much boardroom battles, offers and counteroffers the PenturnersUK - Wrexham branch have finally decided that the annual christmas outing will be to Snainton this coming Saturday. Mind you senior management has stung me for 2 nights in a country pub which will set me back more than I was going to spend at Snainton - maybe.

keith

Jim

Grand Master
Glad it got sorted without going on Strike Keith, i do believe that the war office is making me go through to Warrington again, but not 100% certain just yet ... :nooidea:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Have fun Keith, I'm sure you will :thumbs::thumbs:

I've never managed to get up to Snainton, will you give it a bit of a review after your sojourn? :nooidea:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Enjoy the days Keith you deserve a break.

Kind regard:thumbs:s Peter.

Thank you Peter, its been a long year and its nice to get home and put your feet up for a couple of weeks. Also it will be the first time in 24 years me and Lorraine will spend time together without the kids - scary thought. Good job she doesn't read this forum tee hee

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Have fun Keith, I'm sure you will :thumbs::thumbs:

I've never managed to get up to Snainton, will you give it a bit of a review after your sojourn? :nooidea:

Its not the biggest of places Doug but its well laid out and the service is good. Also its in a glorious part of the country. I often drive over from Wrexham to shop there. Perhaps the best part about it is the wood. Not a massive choice but you can have a good root about and pick up some choice wood cheap. I highly recommend it.

keith

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Nice one Keith, we have a yorkshire escapee up with us for Christmas this year, the mother in laws broomstick landed yesterday!!!
No bargaining was allowed, I was advised it was happening !!!

Oh well, sprog 2 arrives up from Portsmouth Christmas Eve too, so got a house full of wimmin to deal with over Christmas!! think yourself lucky, now, where's the keys to my shed

Attachments

• DSCF8814.jpg
    DSCF8814.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2

Jim

Grand Master
Doug, Snainton is a decent place to visit, it is a family run affair started by the Wife .. They do have some good demo's on site and Sue Harker does her training courses there also. They do have a good collection of British woods and some Exotics also. I am going to be honest here and say that i believe that the younger end of the staff are not very helpful mainly due to the fact that they don't seem to know what they are doing ... The Father was always helpful until he had a stroke he is still knocking about and will throw you some freebie pen blanks in your basket when doing his rounds .. The Mother was always very helpful and quite chatty, but i believe she is now not as quick with her mind as she was ... All in all it is worth a visit if you are prepared to travel ... :thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Doug, Snainton is a decent place to visit, it is a family run affair started by the Wife .. They do have some good demo's on site and Sue Harker does her training courses there also. They do have a good collection of British woods and some Exotics also. I am going to be honest here and say that i believe that the younger end of the staff are not very helpful mainly due to the fact that they don't seem to know what they are doing ... The Father was always helpful until he had a stroke he is still knocking about and will throw you some freebie pen blanks in your basket when doing his rounds .. The Mother was always very helpful and quite chatty, but i believe she is now not as quick with her mind as she was ... All in all it is worth a visit if you are prepared to travel ... :thumbs:

I agree with you Jim about the younger ones. I don't think they are very friendly and will never speak unless you speak first !!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).