• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A couple Cambridge kits

jttheclockman

I shown this pen in the other forum with the watch so I thought I would lay it out here as well. The green pen is dressed with a Green Banded Malachite truestone. The white pen is dressed in Alternate Casein which looks pretty close to the real stuff to me.

As I made these I made a couple more and this time I interchanged the caps and barrels thus giving them a different look. I think at times pen turners shy away from mixing and matching and I think that is a shame. I believe a pen does not have to have the cap made from the the same material as the barrel at all times. I like to wing it as they say at times.

So here is a few photos of both. Thanks for looking as always and any questions or comments are always welcomed.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A lovely pair of well turned and finished pens although I do not think this pair very well in my opinion.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Missed the words mix and match... should read I dont' think this pair mix and match very well in my opinion. I like the pens a lot

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
John,

Choice is personal I admire your workmanship two pens at the end of the day beautifully made well presented worth seeing several times IMHO.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Two lovely pens John, i go with you on the mix and match but these two definitely look good without mixing them ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).