• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

It's In The Oven

Jim

Grand Master
Butterfly Turkey stuffed with Rosemary, Clementine's and Garlic now on gas mark 4 .... :thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
We never have turkey. Normally its rib of beef but we were in the cash and carry last friday and I got a side of sirloin about 18 inch long. Half cut into steaks and t'other half now roasting.

Jim

Grand Master
We never have turkey. Normally its rib of beef but we were in the cash and carry last friday and I got a side of sirloin about 18 inch long. Half cut into steaks and t'other half now roasting.

Aye, the Rib of Beef will be going in in an hour's time Keith ... :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no

Good man beef any day for me stick your turkey I say

MikeD

Registered
De-boned chicken stuffed with haggis. We were going to stuff the chicken inside a goose then the goose inside a turkey then the turkey inside a sheep but couldn't be bothered in the end :down:
Also roast gammon.

It's hard and thirsty work supervising these women :winking:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Roast potatoes, roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese, swede, brussel sprouts, peas, carrots & nut roast. I imagine I'll have no problem flying my kite tomorrow :fart::fart::fart:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Can't stand turkey - leg of lamb, boiled & roast potatoes, roast carrots & parsnips, cauliflower, mini sausage with bacon round, mashed carrot & parsnips, sage & onion stuffing (Paula insists on it) all covered with gravy & savoury white sauce.

Was a decent snack that, now for dinner :funny::funny::funny::funny:

& yes, I cooked it, gave Paula the day off, well it is the season of good will & she deserves 1 day off a year :funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
My first real experiences with Turkey was while working at the Airport for years as a Techo I ate at the Sgts Mess at the RAAF base in the 1960,s for lunch they had about eight mains choice all moaned about same as etc used to withhold info as we were doing it tough with 5 kids at the time but made best friends with the Head Chef at the end of my work day he made up a large tray of fish, most things and heaps of Turkey it sure smoothed our budget out I can tell you with gratitude the firsts for us was Turkey with heaps of Turkey legs so I have very fond memories. When I was a child the family regarded poultry as special occassion food strange how its the cheapest most available now.

Ah memories.

KInd regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).