• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Snainton

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Got back this afternoon from a relaxing couple of days in Yorkshire with the wife. Just happened to drive through Snainton so had to call - just for a few bits and pieces love. Managed to get through £150 before she hauled me out but the best purchase was 25 back issues of woodturner magazine for a fiver. Theres enough reading there to keep me going weeks plus hopefully some good ideas for me to try in future.

keith

Jim

Grand Master
Yep, it is difficult to just browse these places without getting the wallet out ... :sob:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Long hole boring kit, abranet, beading tool, salt and pepper mechanisms, box hinges(seen woody's ring box so thought I'd have a go) gorilla glue, loads of wood including palm wood which I think makes an outstanding pen. There must be more but its too cold to go out to the car to look.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Long hole boring kit, abranet, beading tool, salt and pepper mechanisms, box hinges(seen woody's ring box so thought I'd have a go) gorilla glue, loads of wood including palm wood which I think makes an outstanding pen. There must be more but its too cold to go out to the car to look.

Sounds like a goodly load of goodies Keith

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Wish we had places like that over here...Nearest for me is Warrington Axminster...which even with postage to pay makes it financially beneficial to order online and get them to post the stuff rather than visit by car...Or I'm I just a tight fisted old fart !!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul

In the words of that famous Essex lad... well jel :winking:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
You could make a day of it Ed. I regularly drive from Wrexham to Snainton and I'd guess you are probably the same travel time

Jim

Grand Master
Wish we had places like that over here...Nearest for me is Warrington Axminster...which even with postage to pay makes it financially beneficial to order online and get them to post the stuff rather than visit by car...Or I'm I just a tight fisted old fart !!

With me Ed, is that i need to have a feel or see what it is before i buy, holding it in my hand or playing with it before i buy helps me make my decision whether to buy or not .. Everyday things, i do as you mention ... :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Keith loved your confession as a Penaholic became a little uneasy with Jims explanation wondered where it was leading momentarily.:goesred:

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).