• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Aren't Dads great !

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Dropped Dad back home yesterday after having him to stay for Xmas, he suggested he had some stuff that might be usefull in the garage.

One of these plus spare blades
draper-88192-550mm-precision-mitre-saw-00069102M.jpeg

A Wolfcraft drill powered disc sander including the drill !

Martek sharpening system does drills , planes, chisels appears to have been used just once.

Set of woodworking chisels

He found the screw drive for the Nova chuck !

Huge box of drill bits, taps and best of all the tap driver I made as an apprentice, long with with my exam piece which was a 4 inch engineering vise all made by yours truly !

Just need to work out a way of getting a 90 deg onto the wolfcraft (missing the guide) and I can do pen ends instead of the mill.

Looks like New Years Day will be spent tidying up and re-organising :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Come on Phill you know the law, no photos, it didn`t happen :nooidea::funny:

Seriously though I`d love to see the vise & tap driver you made.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Vise needs a clean up but will try next weekend.

Sorry didnt call in yesterday but didnt think youd appreciate people scrounging wood at 10pm :funny:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Nice haul Phill. Reminds me a bit of when I went to my mothers shortly before she passed away. I came away with loads of stuff that she'd kept for years. One thing was my old slide rule which I used to use extensively on site but sat looking at it trying to work out how the hell to drive it. Memory definitely diminishes with age.

keith

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Alex,

Thanks for sharing your visit and the handy things your Dad brought with him brought back fond memories of my Dad when I was 15 yrs he gave me the oportunity to leave home and travel 200 miles ton Sydney to follow my dreams, I came back unable to get entry into TAFE in Sydney to qualify and became an Electrician . He left home at 15 himself had a ton of guts to go with it. I married as a 4th yr apprentice age 20.

I do wish you well in your endeavors like to see your favourite mantra fulfilled PICS.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).