• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

March. 2014 get together

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
The new midlands woodworking and power tool show is to be held on 28/29 march next year. I have also been talking to Jim regarding a meet up and the possibility of a factory visit to Ashley isles. Tony isles has agreed in principle but I need to go back to him with these dates to se if they are viable. As such this is a concept, not set in concrete. The outline idea is to meet up in the area at a timber mill and have a look round early Friday morning. Moving on to Ashley isles factory for a late morning early afternoon tour. Head off to accommodation or take the 15 mile journey up the road to TR. that evening plan to have a pub meal in a private room Cost about a rennet, followed by accommodation at travelogue, currently 26 quid a night. Saturday attend show at Newark show ground, meet at show for lunch, say goodbyes, on completion continue show visit, pm head off to face the music armed with bits of wood and other acquisitions.

minimum costs involved with this are:
Transport
Overnight 26 quid
Meal 10 quid
Ticket for show 6 quid

Variables
Wood sky's your limit
Ashley isles tools even more
Beer, if you must
Show tools and more wood ?
Lorry to get purchases home?

To gauge if this is something forum members would like me to pursue please could you express an interest by next Friday and we'll decide if it's a goer.

Jim

Grand Master
Count me in Neil ... Would be great to meet up with some old and new faces .... :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
In concept I think this would be a great idea... count me in.

Attachments

• 20210611_125245~2.jpg
    20210611_125245~2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Could you bring George .... :whistling:

I'll see if he's got anything on that day. :thinks:

We could have another trip later in the year and go to Axminster at Axminster with a falconry afternoon or day.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Oh oh... I just realised the 29th is the CMM's wedding anniversary and I'd be eating meat and 2 veg if I didn't attend. :sob: Any other day would be good. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Oh oh... I just realised the 29th is the CMM's wedding anniversary and I'd be eating meat and 2 veg if I didn't attend. :sob: Any other day would be good. :thumbs:

Is it possible to move that date Paul ... :ciggrin:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
In principle that sounds good for me - will have to get an exit pass from SWMBO, not sure what that will cost ... :thinks:

A rail return to Newark North Gate is £50 - I think that's doable! :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
In principle that sounds good for me - will have to get an exit pass from SWMBO, not sure what that will cost ... :thinks:

A rail return to Newark North Gate is £50 - I think that's doable! :thumbs:

Stay on the train to collingham and I will pick you up the station is down my road
So count me in were is Ashley isles

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
If anyone wants to come up just for the woodworking show at Newark you could meet at mine Newark show grounds is only 5 min away from me if that

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
If anyone wants to come up just for the woodworking show at Newark you could meet at mine Newark show grounds is only 5 min away from me if that

that might work if i can get a lift to the show ground and back to the station

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).