• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

From inventors corner of my shed

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Made it never used it the mandrel is spring loaded to hold two halves of a pen with spacers to spray laquer on cartidge pens or special finishes on timber blanks, Decided I like the way I am going.

The motor is geared down to a few revs.

Kind regards Peter:rolling:

Attachments

• DSCF0003-079.JPG
    DSCF0003-079.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0005 [640x480]-003.JPG
    DSCF0005 [640x480]-003.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 74

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Looks like it's saying "Pleeeeeeeease use meeee" ....go on Peter give it a go ...

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
My present spray booth is I pull out two long card drawers fold a piece of serial box card spray away lay flat (not pens) and chuck away the card after use dries quickly literally no set up no dust use can spray cans.

To do pens a simple mandrel few bits simple as.

But I am tempted a mate does million (exaggeration) dollar reel he uses a Taig lathe to turn his seats etc as he sprays etc.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great idea even if it didn't get used, I don't like spraying at the lathe but holding a piece & rotating it can be a right pain, so I usually end up wrapping the lathe with clothes & masking off the bits I don't want over spray on:monkon:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Is it a good idea or not? Go on Peter, give it a go... with a video? :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
All together tie me kangaroo down sport tie me kangaroo down well I also discovered a beaut something else plus heaps of special blanks so I will get stuck into them.

One involves brass in it so I will polish and spray that on my right angle contraption maybe the odd pic by my wife over my shoulder.

I do have fun though the clean up is static.

Thanks Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).