• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Part of my clean up hollowing tool

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Easy as to make we made heaps of them at my Wood Guild years ago, hark the simplicity two pieces of thicker walled steel rod two saw cuts after hollowing the tool end for round tool steel to make the cutters, bend to suit, drill and tap after welding a nut on to hold the tool in place , the thickness guage is curtain spring, how simple can it be.

If you have to ask how maybe its not for you but you have a mate who owes you a favour. They work a treat.

I set it out in the car port quick flash pic.

This is a result of my cleaning up the shop efforts continuing found forty turning chisels told you I was a hoarder.

Hope this stimulates someone to do it yourself. Save money shower with a friend.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred::thinks:

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 51

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
To me it looks like something a dentist might use lol ...don't think I'll ever need one for my pens

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).