• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First set of doors made and hung

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
At last a set finished and hung. George watched the whole operation so I thought I'd attach another photo.

Attachments

• mews.jpg
    mews.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 33
  • george.jpg
    george.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 33

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
He's a bit grumpy at the moment because I've put a box in his aviary and he goes in it and guards it. I think he might be expecting a Georgina to come along but that's not going to happen.. well not in the near future anyway.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I think he might be expecting a Georgina to come along but that's not going to happen.

Not much of a pal are you - get the fella a bird for company - he probably needs a bit of bossing about like the rest of us:whistling:

Great work BTW and I'm green with envy. Barn owls are one of my favourite birds of pray. We used to see loads but sadly now only a few times a year.

Bob

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lovely work, Paul! Looks like a Scandinavian house!

:thumbs:

George sure is a handsome devil - Georgina would be lucky to have him!

A bit like a Sauna Dave... well I guess then need somewhere to relax and hang out after a busy days flying :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Quality looking job Paul, no wonder George is looking chuffed. :thumbs::thumbs:

George is the lucky one Doug. He as an aviary that's 10 times the size of these mews. Owls shouldn't be tethered so he flys free all day showing off to the other birds that are tethered. I'll take a photo tomorrow weather permitting and show you.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
This his Georges aviary but the owl in it is Indie, a Bengal Eagle Owl. I had him from a few days old and he was a lovely owl until the vet gave him too much anaesthetic.

Attachments

• indies aviary.jpg
    indies aviary.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 17

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
This is what he looked like at 2 weeks old

Attachments

• indie.jpg
    indie.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 17

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
and fully grown, at 5 months

Attachments

• indie2.jpg
    indie2.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).