• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Red Back and Yellow Pen Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
I cut the slab of PR Casting i did last week and was actually surprised to what i saw as when i was mixing this the red PR had almost gone off and was difficult to stir in.

The mix seen here in its slab form ...

black_pr_mix.jpg

So i will have to wait now and see what the pen looks like after i have turned the casting. The blanks are now prepared, i have added a white center band to go with these blanks.

pr_casting_red_black_yellow.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
These look nice blanks Jim, look forward to see the finished article. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Here is the finished pen from the above PR casting, using the components from a slimline pen ... The center band is made from plastic .. :thumbs:

slimline_pr_casted_pen.jpg

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
The pen looks great...... not sure about the white centre band the longer I look at it... but it may be because the picture is taken on a white background.. so ignore my comments..:thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).