• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

January's Competition

Jim

Grand Master
Any ideas guys .. :thinks:

And are we allowing the entrees to place their pen into the thread so all can see rather than blind? If we can get some set rules before they start up again i will feel more comfortable ... :wink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Personally I think it should be blind, just seems the fairest way to me.

Then perhaps give the entrants the option of being named & identified with their pen after the competition is finished :nooidea:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
What about having a Competition Secretary? :whistling:

If you want to appoint an attractive young lady to be your competition secretary then I`m sure no one on the forum would mind, can`t say the same for your good lady though.:funny::funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Otherwise if you want a volunteer I`ll throw my name in the hat, I`m sure there will be others who will offer so the membership could vote on who they`d be happy with.:nooidea::nooidea::nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
If you want to appoint an attractive young lady to be your competition secretary then I`m sure no one on the forum would mind, can`t say the same for your good lady though.:funny::funny:

Imagine the cost of doing that Doug, it would mean missing a few trips a year to TR, so i think i will give it a miss ... :funny:

Jim

Grand Master
I will keep this thread going until tomorrow night for your ideas and offers, to which i am very grateful ... We can then make the decisions on how to run them.. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
What is your reasoning on this Jim????

I have never felt comfortable being the only one seeing the results and running blind Terry, it will be better having someone working with me sharing the load ... :bwink:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I can't help Jim as I work away during the week so don't always have access to my computer but agree that someone needs to help as you have enough on your plate as it is.

Jimbo

Apprentice Member
As I work away most of the time I am not making so many pens, also I feel that if the photos are seen by a panel then a fair judgement can be made. not that is was not done in the past.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
As I work away most of the time I am not making so many pens, also I feel that if the photos are seen by a panel then a fair judgement can be made. not that is was not done in the past.

Got to be careful on this one as some forum members are anti plastic so if judges are selected they have to be strictly neutral !!!!

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Blind,plus make a rule that all entries must be shown on a plain white back ground with no 'tell tail' props in the frame.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).