• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bolt Action Pen

Jim

Grand Master
Well i finally got around to making one of these Bolt Action pens, the kit is much bigger and heavier than expected and i don't dislike the kit. I only bought two kits as i wasn't sure what to think about them, to be honest i doubt that i would buy anymore but at least i can now say that i have done one ..

Bolt_Action_Pen.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nice one Jim, lovely. I'm still a Bolt action virgin and still not too excited by them but I bet they sell well.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great job mate :up:

I can't say I'm mad about the kit but I love the blank, where did you get it from?

Jim

Grand Master
Great job mate :up:

I can't say I'm mad about the kit but I love the blank, where did you get it from?

I don't recall Doug, i have had it quite a while now? There are only three places it could have come from and that is John Boddy's, Turners Retreat or Snainton .. Hope this helps .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Jim, I am mad about the kit your design not the green but they go out the door at express speed over here.

Kind regards Peter:thinks::thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nicely done young Jim, they don't my favourite kit but have made a few for others to enjoy.
Still have some kits left but in no hurry to use them.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Love the kit, or rather the punters do but I prefer the mark ii kit, the lever doesn't catch on your pocket and the mark ii lever doesn't unscrew

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes not bad Jim your getting there just a bit more practice LOL nice one mate

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Really nice pen that Jim. :thumbs:

I have brought a few on my last order, not got around to them yet. But after seeing yours now looking forward to it..

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Nice-looking pen, Jim. I bought five kits from Timberbits, made two up for my sons, can't sell the other three, so no more of these for me.

Bob.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Jim, I love it.. The blank sets it off to a treat...:thumbs:
I love the kit, sort of, prefer the MK2 from Timberbits as its got a shorter arm on it. Looks more balanced to me:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).