• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Four 22m Pen Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
These four blanks were made last week, the 1st one is of three colours, red, white and black, the 2nd one is made from black and white, the 3rd one is red and white, and the last one is also of the three colours red, white and black.

mixed_colured_casting.jpg

Still looking for a better way of mixing the colours when using the tubes to make pen blanks. :thinks:

This weeks colours used for casting, lets see what these bring ...

pre_mix_casting.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
The results from the above mix

Here are the blanks from the latest mix, i had problems removing a couple of the blanks from the tubes hence why they are on the short side. No worries thou they will make a Sierra pen ... :ciggrin:

pen_blanks_made_from_pr.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
So Jim did you do these in the p/pot in pvc pipe?

That's correct Frankie, thou i am having trouble removing the castings from the tubes at the moment. I have some silicone spray for the tubes to try this weekend which i hope will make the blanks easier to free. :nooidea:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I have some mould release oil meant for concrete when i start casting I'm going to try that Frankie.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hope to see some finished items from these blanks Jim, the colours look stunning on a few of them. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).