• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My chuck saved the day

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
But not in the way you would think

so i start i decided that i want to cut some laburnum up so all is going well go to the last couple of cut and the saw almost stops so i thought i know the problem and it was what i though the main drive pulley had come loss again it be like it for a bit but the head is shagged so i sat and thought and then the light bulb moment that chuck i bought a while back came with some grub screw to hold the thread insert in so tried and it fits

all good then notice the saws a bit noise this is because the blade guide bearings are shagged so got to get some new ones tomorrow
but i finished the cutting and ended with

8 Bowl blanks
4 Spindle blanks
60 Pen blanks

so all is good just had to get that out

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Busy bee eh Alex ? I've been cooking for eight so no playing in the shed for me today !

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Sounds to me like you've been far too amorous with that saw, young man! Get yourself a girlfriend and stop shagging a piece of workshop equipment ...

:ave_it::ave_it:

Oh, and - no pics of that, please!

:goesred:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Just rung the supplier and they have told me they have 100s and they are £1 each

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Oh, and - no pics of that, please!

:goesred:

Why not, what's wrong with shags?

Shag.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I prefer like a Cormorant on the rock just alone like we are Christmas New year everyone who can shuts down see your more fortunate over there so prosper.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).