PDA

View Full Version : Adding An Image To Your Post

Jim
21-10-11, 23:03
Should you want to add an image to the post that you are making then this easy to follow tutorial will help you do just that by using the text editor here where the post is been made ... :thumbs:

1. Click on the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar of the editor.

http://www.penturners.co.uk/misc/images/1/image_tutorial_1.jpg

2. Click on the "From Computer" link, then "Select Files" button to display the "File Upload" dialogue box.

http://www.penturners.co.uk/misc/images/1/image_tutorial_2.jpg

3. Use the "Select Files" dialogue box to locate the picture or pictures from your computer that you want to show in your post. To select more than one file, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and choose each picture in turn.

http://www.penturners.co.uk/misc/images/1/image_tutorial_3.jpg

[B]4. Click the "Open" button to return to the "Add an Image" dialogue box or click on the picture that you wish to upload.

http://www.penturners.co.uk/misc/images/1/image_tutorial_4.jpg

5. Click the "Upload File(s)" button. The picture(s) will be uploaded in a few seconds and a place-holder will be inserted in your post at the current cursor location.

http://www.penturners.co.uk/misc/images/1/image_tutorial_5.jpg

6. You can now click the "Submit New Thread" button to publish your post or click the "Preview Post" button to check that your post looks OK before publishing. Once your post is published, the image will be displayed.

If you have issues using this tutorial, look at the posts further down in this thread ... Also take a look at this way of adding an image ...

Click on the paper clip highlighted in the image below .. Go through the same process of browsing your computer or the image, then click "Upload" This hopefully will add the image ..

For this to work in a post or you will need to click on "Go Advanced" first ... Starting a new thread you will see the Paper clip is already there ...

ataylor
07-11-11, 17:49
Thanks for the tutorial Jim, i will be giving it a go shortly when showing some of my work. :ciggrin:

clumsysod
09-05-13, 18:42
Wish I had seen this sooner I found out the hard way:rolling:

nimrod
22-09-13, 21:15
Hi Jim think I am in need of help I have followed your tutorial and don't seem to be able to upload any images, I saw you advised someone to use advanced tried that still no luck. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would appreciate your advice.

Jim
22-09-13, 21:24
Hi Jim think I am in need of help I have followed your tutorial and don't seem to be able to upload any images, I saw you advised someone to use advanced tried that still no luck. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would appreciate your advice.

Are you getting any error messages nimrod?

Jim
22-09-13, 21:38
Just to add, make sure that the format used are either jpg, gif, jepg or png and thatt hey are no bigger than 800 x 600 pixels ... :thumbs:

Jim
22-09-13, 21:50
Depending on what browser you use you may get these boxes instead of the ones above ...

Click on the image icon, then this box (below) will pop up, then click on Browse ...

Find the image from your computer that you want to add in a post, double click on it, then click on Upload File(s) This will now add the image ...

If you want to add another image, click on the image icon again, but the box will look different, you now need to click on From Computer (circled below) then its the same as above ...

Hope this helps ...

nimrod
23-09-13, 18:12
Hi Jim not getting any error message, size is fine, the page that is coming up is the one with browse which I click then I double click on the image I want Then I click on upload files, go back to my reply but there is no place holder

Jim
23-09-13, 18:31
Can you do me a favour nimrod and start a thread and try to add a picture, don't worry if you don't see anything in your post, just click on the "Submit New Thread" once you have gone through the process of adding a picture ..

mick the pen
23-09-13, 18:54
Thanks for the info did try this yesterday puy i need to resize my images still trying to suss this out:sob:

Jim
23-09-13, 18:56
Thanks for the info did try this yesterday puy i need to resize my images still trying to suss this out:sob:

Mick, try this easy to follow on line resizer ... Free Online Picture Resizer (http://www.picresize.com/)

nimrod
23-09-13, 20:56
Have tried entering a new thread 4 times without success

Jim
23-09-13, 21:04
OK, lets try this way .. Click on the paper clip highlighted in the image below .. Go through the same process of browsing your computer or the image, then click "Upload" This hopefully will add the image .. :wink:

For this to work in a post or thread you will need to click on "Go Advanced" first ... Starting a new thread you will see the Paper clip is already there ... :thumbs:

nimrod
28-09-13, 12:48
Jim what am I doing wrong cant get a picture just a number, the picture is shown when I click on the number but then it disappears

rowdyyates115
29-09-13, 00:42
Jim what am I doing wrong cant get a picture just a number, the picture is shown when I click on the number but then it disappears

Hi, you are almost there - dont click on the number click on 'upload' and then click on 'close this window'. This should take you back to your post - look for and click on 'Preview Post' (below right)
and hopefully you should see the picture in the post. Then Post away my friend

Hope this helps....:ciggrin:

Jim
29-09-13, 07:59

Hi, you are almost there - dont click on the number click on 'upload' and then click on 'close this window'. This should take you back to your post - look for and click on 'Preview Post' (below right)
and hopefully you should see the picture in the post. Then Post away my friend

Hope this helps....:ciggrin:

nimrod, Rowdy is bang on with his reply .. If you do what he says all should be fine ... Any :bwink:more issues just drop us a message ...

Pierre---
02-11-16, 22:35
I recently could not post 2 pics out of 4. The problematic twos had a name with 26 characters. I tried a few things, and eventually changed its name to 5 characters and it worked. It seems there is a limitation in the name's length, at least for me.