• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Leicester

Corbs

Apprentice Member
Hi, found this forum whilst doing a Google search for mandrel saver and found a thread link on here that one of you guys had made their own.
I am new to pen turning, mechanic by trade and the company I work for happens to have Paul Loseby as a customer, I got chatting to him and found he lives next village from me and popped round for an excellent afternoon pen turning and produced 3 lovely pens!
Not made any on my lathe yet as still waiting for stuff to turn up that I ordered on 23/12!
Hope to post some pics at some point when accepted as a non spammer.
Regards, Chris

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Chris, you're a lucky guy having Paul Loseby living close by, he is a well known turner with a good reputation ... :thumbs:

After two posts you will have your forum privileges updated, the system we use can be annoying to new members, but it does help to keep the forums free of spammers .. :bwink:

Look forward to seeing your pens ..

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Welcome Chris ...you will learn much here....just watch out though one or two on here are real plonkers.:whistling:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome to the forum Chris, if you have had a tutor with the reputation of Paul then you may be ahead of some of us on here..

Looking forward to seeing your work.

I'm a a grease monkey by trade but decided to re train and go in to production engineering. Just bigger and easier to break..:whistling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Chris just ignore Ed he is one of the forums biggest plonkers in fact he is there secretary on a recruitment purge so watch your back LOL

MikeD

Registered
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum. After a few posts you will be recognised as a turner :banana:

Be careful of those on the forum who are not shown as a turner of one type or another - they are "special" and their comments should be taken under advisement :whistling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Chris if the rain cold or snow does not get to you pen turning will. Enjoy it as much as I do you will find it rewarding as well builds up a lot of gratitude friends family as well. The Paull you mention has not shed his magnificence over here.

kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Watch out, he might be a Tigers fan, beware an infiltrator!

Welcome to the forum, Chris, even though you might be a Tigers supporter. Nearly fifty wasn't it, Ohh sorry did I mention I was a Saracens supporter?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Welcome aboard
It's great on here and you can "aquire" the title of TURNER even if you haven't done any yet (like what I did):whistling:

Seriously though the most helpful people you could ever imagine

Bob

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I forget to say I am the youngest top Dog

That dose not mean I can remember anything that includes my age I mean it not even a big number to remember 17

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).