• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Aggh Aldi

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Aldi has walki talki's on sale for £14.99 and got her sister to buy us some so that she can contact me when in my piece of paradise. I wonder how long it'll before superglue gets in the workings.:thinks:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Terrible accidents could befall a delicate piece of technology like that in a man-cave - I hope SWMBO doesn't get too fond of it in the meantime!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is against the man cave laws to have any form of contact with the outside world whilst in the divine workshop space sounds from the outside world could break your turning meditation and plunge you into eternal darkness

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I've not dared venture into my personal retreat since the offensive items were purchased but I can already hear it. "Paul can you come here?"... "Paul have you got a minute"... "Paul I need you a second" ... and so it'll go on. Or I'll get tricked "breaker breaker, Mrs Turney to spinner... coffees on".

My hobby is over, I'm done. What can I do, Whoa is me.

Brothers... Help! I'm going down.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry but unless you destroy the offending item your doomed lost forever or have a sudden attack of selective hearing Wot, ay, beg your pardon it dont take long they soon get fed up trying

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Wisdom from the wise indeed. Thank you all, it will be fed to the dog as soon as I possibly can. I love my dog but someone has to make the sacrifice.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Reverse psychology mate..keep bombarding the ever loving with 'Rubber Duck ' messages from the shed end ...she'll get so hissed off she will be the one to chuck it in the pedal bin !!!:banana:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Yeah, I agree with ED, keeping calling for tea's or coffee and I am sure something will go wrong with that 'bloody' technology.....You never know until you try....:devil:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ok, I'll try it Rowdy but should I end up with a coffee enema I'll blame you. :funny::funny::funny::funny:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Paul try talking like Norman Collier used to do on the comedians. That'll soon 'discourage' her

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
My missus tried that one some time ago, I would come in on the first occasion bringing the W/T with me.
She soon got used to talking to herself when she answered it in her own kitchen.
Gave then to Grandchildren to play with.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Now then... does anyone know how much it is to go private to have a radio extracted from the tunnel of doom? Just enquiring before I take some of the given advice?
:funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I've not dared venture into my personal retreat since the offensive items were purchased but I can already hear it. "Paul can you come here?"... "Paul have you got a minute"... "Paul I need you a second" ... and so it'll go on. Or I'll get tricked "breaker breaker, Mrs Turney to spinner... coffees on".

My hobby is over, I'm done. What can I do, Whoa is me. Brothers... Help! I'm going down.

Easy peasy. Change your name by deed poll and you can legitimately ignore it. On second thoughts divorce can be very expensive or if you were subjected to an "accidental" axe to the head it could be construed as self induced and she'd get off with mitigating circumstance.

Forget it - take the batteries out.

Bob

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I like it...:funny:

I have used radios in my shed for quite a number of years communicating with everyone around the world.. when SWIMBO asks why I dint reply to here "breaker Breaker" calls,, Ooooops, sorry I was on the wrong channel...

It certainly makes shed time interesting.. but to get around it SWIMBO put in a bloody telephone with "intercom" on it. soon lost that in the shavings..:nooidea:

They try, try again and keep trying.. Bless them..

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
My little Piranha fish just shouts out the back for me now and I still ignore her unless it's for tea or food init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Update... I've been called to the mother ship 3 times today and all for coffee. Maybe its not so bad after all.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).