• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bedside tables

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hopefully this will be of interest to a few even though it's not turned work. I was asked to make 2 bedside tables by a customer after she saw similar tables on a friends website.

Made from pine the customer will be staining them to match the decor in her guest bedroom.

photo5_zps3fc2d109.jpg

A few photos of how I went about making them.

First off the sides & legs were glued together, the grain on the panel was installed vertically so as to avoid any cross grain later in the construction.

photo_zpsecef07bc.jpg

The shelf was joined to the sides with a stopped sliding dovetail.

photo4_zpse4bf4c32.jpg

The underside of the top had a chamfer cut on it to make the top appear lighter.

photo2_zpsefd5b783.jpg

Rails were pocket screwed to the top of the legs to support the top & give fixing points, after which the table was glued,assembled & clamped

photo3_zps874cf675.jpg

Side view.

photo4_zps79cf417a.jpg

Finished.

photo2_zps4bb5a210.jpg

There are a few more photos on my Facebook link below if anyone's interested.

Jim

Grand Master
You never cease to amaze us Doug, and i can say we have come accustomed to the quality of work that you show us on here .. Well done my friend ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Very professionally done Doug lovely job of those.
Will you give the pictures to the customer with the furniture?
Your name will live on as Furniture maker extraordinaire LOL.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Top notch stuff Doug very well executed mate but what else would we expect from you

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Excellently done Doug!
Did I meet your alter ego "Dave Lister" at Daventry last year? You didn't look as negative as your photo suggests:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I still have one bedside table I made some years ago in fact it is the last piece of furniture we have that I made we had to get rid of it all when we downsized it is made from service wood from a church grounds that got blown over and Violet rosewood and red river burr inserts

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I still have one bedside table I made some years ago in fact it is the last piece of furniture we have that I made we had to get rid of it all when we downsized it is made from service wood from a church grounds that got blown over and Violet rosewood and red river burr inserts

You know the rules Woody :nopic:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).