• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Carbide tip video

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I've just watched the new Simon Hope you tube video where he demonstrates his 8mm hollowing carbide tool, thought I share it just in case anyone else is interested.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
He's also done a video on his sanding pads & whilst obviously intended to promote his products it's a good demonstration on how to use rotary sanding pads.

Jim

Grand Master
Funnily enough Doug, i was going to do a search shortly for box turning using carbide cutters, as i haven't used mine yet, but why did i thing that the square cutter was the one to use for removing the end grain ... :nooidea:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Doug makes the old methods look dangerous and full of risk I believe even a beginner should be able to master boxes quickly.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Thanks for sharing, Doug - very impressed with those Hope tools! Wish I'd seen these before Christmas:down::down::down:

Bob.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I picked up on the 45 degree forward angle thanks I will make one of these for sure, have seen the lh kick and rh kick, set back, further forward like yours especially with a round stem all boxes ticked IMHO.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).