• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Thanks Walter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Walter gave up his time today to give me a very informative demo on appying a CA finish, so no more excuses allowed.

Very generous of him and what a nice guy to boot - much appreciated Walter.

Bob

ps You could eat your dinner off his workshop floor, nearly took my shoes off at the door:winking:

Jim

Grand Master
Now we need to see the pupils' work... :winking: It is always good to see fellow turners giving up their time to help others ... Well done Walter ... :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Walter gave up his time today to give me a very informative demo on appying a CA finish, so no more excuses allowed.

Very generous of him and what a nice guy to boot - much appreciated Walter.

Bob

ps You could eat your dinner off his workshop floor, nearly took my shoes off at the door:winking:

You should have put it on Youtube, but I suppose with the pair of you in full swing we would have needed a translator.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Must be this site it all made sense to me. Reminds me of the country boy in Australia from outback pretty good speller got sponsored to the big city for a valuable spelling competition got up to the finals when quizzed on return said he was stumped he nevr did see horsepi@@ spelled AUSPICE before.

Well done Walter kind of you and from my experience so far Lons will be well amongst all of us very soon.:claps:

Kind regards Peter.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
It was good to meet up with you Bob. I am always happy to share my methods especially with someone who makes me feel like I have known him for years after the first five minutes.

Thanks for the collection of blanks too. I will let you know how I get on with the (mistral? was it?). I have never been that keen on corian type materials but this looks like it might make decent pens if I can get my mind past the idea that it should be a worktop. Last time I made a pen out of Corian Brian told me he thought it looked like a bog floor (and I have to admit I agree with him) so whatever happens it can only be an improvement on that.

Good luck with the finishing, the pen you showed me looked pretty good, so you don't have far to go before you get a finish like glass.

Thanks chaps for all your kind comments, but I find most pen makers are willing to give up their time and share their knowledge freely, as indeed are many wood turners and woodworkers in general, so I feel I am doing nothing more than keeping up a long tradition of sharing.

Walter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).