• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A couple of Sierras in unknown acrylics.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Here are a couple of Sierras that I made over the weekend. I don't know the names of the acrylics as SWMBO picked them up on a visit to Snainton.

Attachments

• DSCN0082.JPG
    DSCN0082.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0083.JPG
    DSCN0083.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 46

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lovely pens Terry (for plastic). You've got a perfect shape there for the Sierra.

With regards to your photography, I hope you don't mind but to give you some feedback, I checked out the levels for the second picture and they're just about spot on, the focus is good too so all is looking fine.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
Lovely pens Terry (for plastic). You've got a perfect shape there for the Sierra.

With regards to your photography, I hope you don't mind but to give you some feedback, I checked out the levels for the second picture and they're just about spot on, the focus is good too so all is looking fine.

Thanks for that info Paul !!!

With Sierras I make the diameter at the middle around 13.5mm and taper down gradually toward each end trying to make both tapers the same !!!!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Brian,

Are you OK? They're plastic - No abuse????

Maybe it's the new happy me without work to worry about.
Look for the positives ignore the negatives.
Or I could be telling lies to lull you all into a false sense of securtity init?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Terry,

Since I dont read pics only know what I see I agree both pics are explicit and quite sharp including the back ground that assumes prominance even thats ok cause we can clearly see your two pens the purpose of recording and sharing.

Your wife likes and I do too the bright colours of the neatly turned pens, like the shape the only measures I make are the ends but I thank you for sharing the centre of the blanks a help for those starting out.

Comparisons between pens never needed IMHO always personal as its not apples with apples but two great pens.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
Terry,

Since I dont read pics only know what I see I agree both pics are explicit and quite sharp including the back ground that assumes prominance even thats ok cause we can clearly see your two pens the purpose of recording and sharing.

Your wife likes and I do too the bright colours of the neatly turned pens, like the shape the only measures I make are the ends but I thank you for sharing the centre of the blanks a help for those starting out.

Comparisons between pens never needed IMHO always personal as its not apples with apples but two great pens.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Thanks Peter !!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).