• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Baron fountain pen in white Corian

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Terry, Very nice. What did you use to glue the corian together? I was advised that it is near impossible to get the proper corian adhesive that comes in about 50 colours and costs about £5 a tube, but that araldite it the best solution, failing that CA.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Terry, Very nice. What did you use to glue the corian together? I was advised that it is near impossible to get the proper corian adhesive that comes in about 50 colours and costs about £5 a tube, but that araldite it the best solution, failing that CA.

Thanks Neil. I bought the Corian off Jim already glued together to give 25mm square !!!!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Terry. I have to make a pen for my nephews wedding later this year and am trying to find the best kit for the corian (supplied by Jim) to put it on.

Neil, if Jim hasn't got any more and you want some, I'll let you have a couple.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nice pictures again Terry just a touch more emphasis on the nib area would have been perfick.
Keep it up mate your getting good.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Very nice Terry. I have to make a pen for my nephews wedding later this year and am trying to find the best kit for the corian (supplied by Jim) to put it on.

Thanks Paul. If you want a pen for a wedding then I suggest you go for a Roman Harvest from Timberbits. White corian will look fantastic on it !!!!

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil

Paul,

Got enough to keep me going for a couple of weeks! Was just wondering what was the recommended method of sticking the stuff together.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Paul,

Got enough to keep me going for a couple of weeks! Was just wondering what was the recommended method of sticking the stuff together.

Heat is the best thing for all plastics weld it together using itself

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Terry,

All the pens shown using this Corian have come up well your pen is a good indicator of the value of the material for all seasons and purposes, it will bring back memories especially of bridal wear from long ago for me as I have photographed and enjoyed taking the pics at innumerable weddings, as a pen stand base it is supreme because it breaks plain white or cream. Altogether a cooperative effort with supply of fat Corian and good turning the pen kit is great withy this one as well, I agree the bling of the Roman Harvest attracts many for weddings.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thanks Paul. If you want a pen for a wedding then I suggest you go for a Roman Harvest from Timberbits. White corian will look fantastic on it !!!!

Thanks Terry, I've got a pair of Roman Harvest tucked away that I've had for a while. I'll give it a shot as I haven't made one yet.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Take it easy old man dont want you overdoing it mate that is one nice pen mate well done now go and have a sit down :devil:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Once you've made one they will become your favourite pen Paul !!!!!

I might just have a go later this evening. I was going to go and have a tidy up in the shed but adding a bit more won't hurt.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).