• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tree mendous

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Saw this video on another forum so apologies to any who have seen it but I thought it was worth sharing, such a simple idea with stunning results.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Fantastic skill, the finger control on that chisel is amazing. Cock it up on one curl and you would be really hacked off, I wonder how many it took before he managed to complete the first one?

Wonder if you can have a painted option????

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Fantastic skill, the finger control on that chisel is amazing. Cock it up on one curl and you would be really hacked off, I wonder how many it took before he managed to complete the first one?

Wonder if you can have a painted option????

Snap, my first though after wow was, what a bugger it would be if if you cocked up the one of the last "leaves" :vangry:

Shouldn't be too difficult to waft some spray paint over them, make them look Christmassy & they'd sell themselves

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I could never do that ...just imagine the wife stood behind you naggin' and you broke off one of the curls....:funny::funny::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very impressive indeed, not something I'm going to have a go at though. It would be like running a marathon and just before the finishing line remembering your number was back at the start line.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
That man done good, ennit? as Grump would say. Truly amazing. My wife has a similar one on display as an ornament - made from multi-coloured candle wax.

Thanks, Doug!

Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That man done good, ennit? as Grump would say. Truly amazing. My wife has a similar one on display as an ornament - made from multi-coloured candle wax.

Thanks, Doug!

Bob.

I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

My bruvers ouse Candles Cheers Bob that was bugging me.

Very skilled thing he was doing there looks good.
Gonna sharpen my scrapers up and have a go init?google
I have used old planer blades so I don't see why a paint scraper shouldn't work and this chap proves it I think.
Thanks for sharing Doug.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is good one slip and its all over bar the bla bla bla he sure has some good tool control

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Doug, Outstanding skills abound I can guess they all have versatility, dexterity far and away more than I have.

Thanks for the heads up.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).