• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Holly tree

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I will be getting a whole Holly tree tomorrow he is saving me everything over 4" but I dont want the whole thing so if any body wants to pop over you can take your pick I will take a photo of it all tomorrow but at the moment it is still standing it will be first come first served

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Save a bit for me dad.
I'll pick it up when I come for the meet in March if that ain't too long to hang on.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
If I could get a bit 5 or 6 inch or so dia for a natural edge bowl I'd be very grateful. I could arrange a trip to you and Doug at the same time then.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
If I could get a bit 5 or 6 inch or so dia for a natural edge bowl I'd be very grateful. I could arrange a trip to you and Doug at the same time then.

Ok Phill it will be here any-time from tomorrow

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When rehashing blanks yesterday I came across several white holly blanks they make quite a contrast with others. Can understand why members got excited Woody most generous of you. I have been looking at maps over various UK areas gazing at where members live and with the numerous TV programs we watch enjoy the background scenery more than than ever. You live in a beautiful country. When my daughter has visited there driving is different on the narrow roads in the village areas with lots of backing and filling she has told me. She this daughter produced a full colour book of ten generations of my Dads mother with pics of the areas they lived in the South of England, Churches they were married in baptismal fonts still in use, the history with most old Churches having their own web sites is for us quite a revelation. Wilmas Grandfather came from Ilfracombe Devonshire at age 7 yrs died at 100 yrs of age,my family from Cornwall,Scotland, Ireland, France, name family Scotland all immigrated to Australia in the 1840,s free settlers. Whilst Wilmas family came from Ireland and england in 1985 I visited their family areas across Ireland at the end of the troubles, quite an experience. I can relate to your recovery as my big trip followed news I had 3 mths to live in 1985 with cancer (proved him wrong) but it left me with a different attitude to Doctors and I get other opinions now.

When you tell us of starting your workshop etc once again I am grateful you have shared wonderful woodwork here on the forum.

Kind regards Peter.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This tree better be a big one :funny:

It will probably end up being the biggest spreading Holly in the UK by the time it gets distributed.

By the way its going it will be one pen blank each LOL it stands about 40ft high x about 20ft wide and it has two trunks I will start shifting it in the morning probably take me all day and another day for the conifers

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
OI don't yo go overdoing it dad, leave the bloody thing up till we all get there March.
And we can watch Neil have fun chopping it and the firs down LOL.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
OI don't yo go overdoing it dad, leave the bloody thing up till we all get there March.
And we can watch Neil have fun chopping it and the firs down LOL.

Its already down mate they cut it down today I just have to go get it from the house directly opposite me

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Its already down mate they cut it down today I just have to go get it from the house directly opposite me

If you need a hand Woody give me a shout, I don't mind popping over, Vi might even put the kettle on if she knows I'm coming :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).