• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A patriotic Victor pen

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Violet got some of these kits for Christmas but got the ones without the thread on the tail end for the cap end to screw onto when the pen is in use and taking on board what Bob said about the pen rolling of the desk when you put it down I made a miniature wine bottle stand for the pen the only thing is with the cap of it wouldn't work on this kit but as you will see it did on the next one

The Patriotic Victor pen
DSCF2012.JPG1.JPG

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Woody if you drill a lower hole also it would work just need to experiment woth.the hole position just a thought.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Yes or cut a bit of the bottom it was just a bit of fun

Nice pen woody.
In the years that I have been making these "Pen props", I have found that you only have to change the angle to suit the kit / material used, rather than the position of the hole.
From memory, a standard Biro is about 30 degrees, while a slimline wooden pen, is about 35. A stream line is more.
I haven't made anything on the heavier side, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Best regards,
Neil

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nice pen woody.
In the years that I have been making these "Pen props", I have found that you only have to change the angle to suit the kit / material used, rather than the position of the hole.
From memory, a standard Biro is about 30 degrees, while a slimline wooden pen, is about 35. A stream line is more.
I haven't made anything on the heavier side, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Best regards,
Neil
Thanks Neil I cut and drilled this one at 45deg I may have a mess around with it but as I said it was just a bit of fun

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Woody lovely pen, interesting rest neat pics. Quite a lift this morning here. Breath of fresh air you trendsetter you.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
I like everything about the pen (except for the inability to cap it, as you mention), and the stand is very novel! Well done, mate!!!

Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I like everything about the pen (except for the inability to cap it, as you mention), and the stand is very novel! Well done, mate!!!

Bob.

I only made the stand for you mate because of what you said before about the pen rolling on the floor I may make one to go with each of these pens

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lovely Pen Woody and great idea for a stand that I'm obviously going to steal. Thanks.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).