• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to Penturners.co.uk

Yorkie

I am a ex-Rotherham lad living in North Carolina and have been turning pens for several years. I am a member of penturners.org in the U.S. and just came across this UK pen turning site.

I come to England to visit family each year and am always on the look out for good places to shop for blanks and other pen turning items.

Looking forward to being a part of this site and share some things. Are there any Yorkshire clubs I can visit while I'm over late April through early May this year? I've spent a couple of years developing a great CA finish and would be happy to share that process.

I've attached some pictures of my pens.

Looking forward to coming home this April.

Attachments

• Duchess-Purple Lilac.jpg
    Duchess-Purple Lilac.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Copy (1) of IMG_0695.jpg
    Copy (1) of IMG_0695.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 92

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Welcome aboard Yorkie. Your pens are fabulous. I am joining East Yorkshire woodturners this month and they are based just outside of Hull.
Woodturning shops are Turners Retreat which is near Doncaster and Snainton woodturning supplies near Scarborough.
I would love to share your CA finishes as I'm sure a lot of others on this forum would.

Regards
Terry:thumbs:

Yorkie

Thanks a lot, Terry. I've been asked to write it down by IAP so when I do that I'll share here also. I'm sure it's a lot of the same but with maybe a few twists that won't make much sense why, but I find make a big difference.

Here are a couple of pics of my CA finish on orange Mexican Cocobolo from last weekend.

Welcome aboard Yorkie. Your pens are fabulous. I am joining East Yorkshire woodturners this month and they are based just outside of Hull.
Woodturning shops are Turners Retreat which is near Doncaster and Snainton woodturning supplies near Scarborough.
I would love to share your CA finishes as I'm sure a lot of others on this forum would.

Regards
Terry:thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_1484_1.jpg
    IMG_1484_1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1483_1.jpg
    IMG_1483_1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 86

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hello Yorkie, these are some superb examples of turned pens, is there anything we do different here in the UK compared to you guys over the pond, as your fellow compatriot marksman showed us some great looking pens also. :thumbs:

If you do find a place here on your visit to show off your CA finish then please post it in the forums, i would love to see your examples. :thumbs:

Andy

Yorkie

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

I'd be happy to bring over some pens and the stuff (minus a lathe of course) that I would need to demonstrate my CA process, if there's any club or location in or around Yorkshire where we can do a nice get together and swap some stories, some blanks and some show n tells. I'm open to suggestions.

Hello Yorkie, these are some superb examples of turned pens, is there anything we do different here in the UK compared to you guys over the pond, as your fellow compatriot marksman showed us some great looking pens also. :thumbs:

If you do find a place here on your visit to show off your CA finish then please post it in the forums, i would love to see your examples. :thumbs:

Andy

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome Yorkie, i can only agree with the others, your pens are top class. If a club is found for you to demonstrate i will also pop along. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forum Yorkie, good to see another Yorkshire guy here and thanks for showing us your great looking pens. I will also be among the crowd should you find a club to demonstrate you finishing when you are next over here ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Jim as Yorkie will be located in Rotherham then Turners Retreat would be a good place as they have a demo room with 2 lathes in. I am sure they might be interested!!!!!

That is a good shout Terry, it may well be worth dropping Dave an email ... :nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
Hope a weekend is available Terry, i will find it extremely hard to get there thru the week ... :goesred:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Jim I suggested to Dave that if he joined he could talk to Yorkie direct either through the forum or through the pm section.
If he did join he could let us know when his demo days are on and his special discount days also just as he does on facebook!!:thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Jim I suggested to Dave that if he joined he could talk to Yorkie direct either through the forum or through the pm section.
If he did join he could let us know when his demo days are on and his special discount days also just as he does on facebook!!:thumbs:

Would be nice to know when they had some deals on for sure mate. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).