• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

4.99 halogen from Aldi

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well I've needed more light in the garage for a while, it has been curtailing my turning time.

So, Aldi were (are) doing 400 watt halogen lights and I thought I'll have a couple of those. (They will do external as well btw)

So here's the result of just 1 going up this morning.

Before, pretty dim

SAM_2765.JPG

After, I'm chuffed to bits with the result ! It evens warms the garage up as well :funny:

SAM_2766.JPG

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i think i might buy some did you just wire them to a standard 2 core and earth wire and 13amp plug

Jim

Grand Master
You can't get enough light that's for sure, big difference in the two pictures. :bwink:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
The light fittings might be cheap Phill but the cost of running them certainly aint but if they give you the light that you want then all well and good. i use 4 watt LED spotlights and they have nearly the light intensity of 50 watt spotlights. LED spots have really come on in the last year or so !!!!!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wholly agree with Terry on this one I have 2 X 6 fluorescent tubes above my bench and two 15 watt low energy daylight bulbs give as much light and I can aim it from the angle poise lights.
In fact half the time i forget to switch on the tubes as they are really not needed with the others.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Phil were the complete with the halogen lamps or did you have to buy those extra.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).