• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nothing ventured,nothing gained.

davidj44

I decided to post a photo and some details of my first attempt at a completely kitless pen. By no means perfect, definitely a prototype and most importantly the only way to get some idea of the pitfalls! I really encourage folk to give it a whirl - a great learning experience. The colour planning is a bit odd as I had to compensate for the mistakes during turning and thread cutting!

DSCF3860.JPG

Threads are - cap to body M12, grip to body M9 , cap finial M12 and body finial M9

The refill is standard W H Smith gel rollerball.

Jim

Grand Master
That is a corker David, any chance of a picture with the cap on ... :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Undying admiration David, well done young man, that is a work of art.
My hat is off to you for the attempt.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well done David, that's something to work towards, you've certainly cracked the ability to do it and as strange as the finished article may seem for your first attempt, its very good. What did you use for the nib end?

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I think congratulations are in order David .That is one fine effort and for a first too ! Brilliant mate.:claps:

ericofpendom

Apprentice Member
Hi David, if I'm not mistaken that looks like one of my castings (the coloured part). Did you get it of me when I came with Dave to buy your old lathe? or am I on the completely wrong David here?.

The pen looks great by the way.

Eric...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).