• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive wood bowl

geo

Thanks for all the comments in my first post , are very welcomed
My location in GREECE is in ITEA small town near to DELPHI
Every woodturner love olive wood because is unique and rare in ather countries but in my area we are use it as firewood

For my bowl the diameter is 22cm the high is 16cm and the thickness is 5mm , the finishing is with danish-oil

Attachments

• DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01081.JPG
    DSC01081.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 64

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Oohhh That is Lovely Geo, I like that a lot.

Don't burn the wood, send it over here :funny:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Wow ! Fantastic !

That is one nice bowl ..I wouldn't know where to begin making a bowl so beautiful.:claps:

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice indeed Geo, i would have liked to have seen the blank before you set about it my friend .. :bwink:

Burning Olive wood, think i am going to be sick ... :goesred:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Beautiful timber, such variation I can't believe you would use it as fire wood. Well turned :thumbs:

geo

Dear Jim unfortunately the only photos i have its almost in chuk and the size of it is very big and i cant upload in the side but i reserve in the next bowl i post and the fotos of the blank
Thanks

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I like Alexes Idea, from what I gather Geo does the rounds of the local wood merchants finding burl and grain that is wet then drying the timber should not take as long in the summer but with olive its not speedy it is slow drying IMHO.

Peter.

geo

Dear Penpal correctly , you turn it wet and never more than 15mm the thickness of the bowl or vessel , less is more , :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).