• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polishing Wheel

Jim

Grand Master
I asked a good friend of mine to take a look at a motor i had to see if he could get me fixed up with an inverter so that i can run it for polishing my finished pens and small pieces .. He just sent me a message with photos attached saying that he will be dropping it off at the weekend .. Really chuffed ... :pray:

buffing_wheel.jpg

polishing_wheel.jpg

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
That looks the business mate, :thumbs:

Hopefully the inverter will be easy to use, I seem to remember mine having 96 pages on different parameters :nooidea::nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
That looks the business mate, :thumbs:

Hopefully the inverter will be easy to use, I seem to remember mine having 96 pages on different parameters :nooidea::nooidea:

He placed the same on my old Drill Press Doug, pre-set all i did was use the speed knob .. :wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Great mate to have Jim looks brandnew chuck and Jacobs chuck as well. LHS ideal to face blanks on using you pin punch method.

Attached pic of my pen buff in a former life it was a long stem lab stirrer (bit like Brian) 240v variable speed on the rhs find it invaluable. I use an old mandrel to hold the finished blank at the buff saves looking for it in the shavings.

Question the control on the drill whats the torque like at low revs?

Kind regards Peter.:claps:

Attachments

• DCP_2028.JPG
    DCP_2028.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 56

Jim

Grand Master
Peter, i don't have that drill anymore, but to be honest i only ever had it running between 300/500rpm, which was just right for what i used it for at he time ...

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Could someone explain what the heck an inverter is, apparently Ive got one on my axminster 1416, its next to the on off switch, I know what that is. The only inverter I have come across that I know how it works is ten pints of Abbot Ale, cracking inverter that!

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Could someone explain what the heck an inverter is, apparently Ive got one on my axminster 1416, its next to the on off switch, I know what that is. The only inverter I have come across that I know how it works is ten pints of Abbot Ale, cracking inverter that!

Just read on Wiki that it's something to do with changing DC to Ac ...I think

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Just read on Wiki that it's something to do with changing DC to Ac ...I think

Not necessarily so Ed. What it means is changing from state to another in a crude explanation. It can make single phase ac operate like 3 phase ac by chopping the sinusoidal waveform up (which is the most common form) at different phase angles. LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
Not necessarily so Ed. What it means is changing from state to another in a crude explanation. It can make single phase ac operate like 3 phase ac by chopping the sinusoidal waveform up (which is the most common form) at different phase angles. LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Bang on Terry .. :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).