• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Watching a tv program

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
At 6pm Saturday we watched a guy mostly on foot or cycle covering the geographical centre of Scotland I soon realise how old age is arriving the guide bloke said he was working with a 4 decade guide book from within the family heck Wilma and I cover 6 decades in our relationship. None the less he spent time with a local showing a very old Yew tree expected to be over three thousand years old he even admitted lots of locals and visitors had removed quantities of this tree and made items of furniture etc and I just wondered how many penmakers have owned up.

He had cut out an outline map of Scotland placed a pencil under the map and where it balanced said this must be the true centre in the highlands.

Very interesting there seemed to be outstanding root burl in that tree.

Peter.:iknow::shocking:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Neil the program rambled on and pronunciation and spelling escaped me, we just finished a beaut series on the Dales best part of TV in my opinion very natural presentations, no frills suits us fine.

Kind regards Peter.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Thanks Neil the program rambled on and pronunciation and spelling escaped me, we just finished a beaut series on the Dales best part of TV in my opinion very natural presentations, no frills suits us fine.

Kind regards Peter.

I've seen that series Peter, very enjoyable.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I thought at one stage you were going to say you remember when it was planted. :funny::funny:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Any effing geezer cutting chunks from that tree should be strung up and hanged from one of its branches!!!

Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).