• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My Vacuum Chuck

Jim

Grand Master
Used the vacuum system today that my mate made me last year .. He created the vacuum by making some alterations to a compressor ... Here are a few images to show how it works ...

This image is where i was finding center position ..

turning_a_box.jpg

Here is with the vacuum running ..

using_vacuum_on_a_lathe.jpg

Sanding the base after cleaning it up ..

vacuum_lathe.jpg.jpg

The view from the headstock of how the vacuum is run to the holding plate ..

vacuum_on_a_lathe.jpg

Here is a poor image of the compressor that gives me the vacuum ..

compressor.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
There I was Jim looking for sawdust removal, lightbulb moment you mean a vacuum chuck ah now it makes sense. Well done your mate and I second the remark a good mate to have but no doubt in my mind good mates are like good wives you nurture them its always a two way street.

Peter.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Good luck Jim a very nice adaptation, Have you put it to the test of how large you can hold on it?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
My greatest problem as a seniour seniour is to remember to shut down the lathe first or guess what. Thanks jim for the name change I was thinking as I progressed sucking dust through that tiny tube?

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).