• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Robert Sorby Chatter Tool

Jim

Grand Master
Tried out the Chatter tool today, making some lid designs for when I get into making some boxes. My verdict is that it does give good result, I bought this, but looking at it, it wouldn't be too hard to make, like a few on here have already done so. What i did find though was that the locking nut came loose very easily when hand tightened... :thinks:

robert_sorby_chatter_tool.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
More than a try a great success Jim well ready I would say nice to buy something that does the job. For some years SWMBO said to me you will be sad and dissapointed when you turn more than you build referring to my absurd habit of haunting garage sales to find equipment and restoring it to great usefulness to save money and have fun. Should have been a farmer.

Peter.:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That has done the job as it should Jim nice bit of practice there mate all in good proportion nice little knob in middle too.
So we won't be calling you Jimmy spanner hands then?

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Lovely Jim, I've been meaning to make a chatter tool for a while, another job time doesn't seem to allow, how thick is the metal at the end of the tool?

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Tried out the Chatter tool today, making some lid designs for when I get into making some boxes. My verdict is that it does give good result, I bought this, but looking at it, it wouldn't be too hard to make, like a few on here have already done so. What i did find though was that the locking nut came loose very easily when hand tightened... :thinks:

robert_sorby_chatter_tool.jpg

Jim, Good old Captain Eddie has a YouTube Video on making one.... :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).