• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bowl Turning on Another Day

Jim

Grand Master
I got This Bowl out today to finish off and try it on the vacuum system that i have. Inside the bowl was the date 14/01/12 .. I turned it when it was green and left to dry. Well, I made a mess of it and went to thin and left the base in the chuck and the bowl on the floor. Things like this doesn't get to me anymore due to the amount of mishaps i have regular. What does annoy me is that I have a big clean up regarding shavings, etc. And nothing to show for it... :rolling:

I guess I have been out of the game too long.. :whistling: Hope you guys had a better day .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am having a day like it Jim everything has gone off center, have we had an earthquake overnight or is my shed subsiding?
Pillar drill off bonk never mind I'll drill on the lathe. Nope that is way out too spent the rest of the day squaring everything back up again.

Matt

Registered
Wanted to get back on the lathe after having so much fun yesterday, no chance :nonono: had to go out shopping instead :rolling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I got This Bowl out today to finish off and try it on the vacuum system that i have. Inside the bowl was the date 14/01/12 .. I turned it when it was green and left to dry. Well, I made a mess of it and went to thin and left the base in the chuck and the bowl on the floor. Things like this doesn't get to me anymore due to the amount of mishaps i have regular. What does annoy me is that I have a big clean up regarding shavings, etc. And nothing to show for it... :rolling:

I guess I have been out of the game too long.. :whistling: Hope you guys had a better day .. :thumbs:

Some days are Diamonds others mean new day next experience and oportunity mate. Felt for you it hurts.

Peter.

Corbs

Apprentice Member
Had a good week and weekend! :thumbs: Got shopping done int week, no overtime at work so extra time int workshop! :thumbs:
Sorry to hear about your bowl Jim, I have a rough turned one in pine that's been drying for about a year or so, you are welcome to it if you want it? Seem to have caught the pen bug!
regards,
Chris

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Hmmm, isn't just me then!!!

Haven't done a lot of proper turning recently as I'm trying to master the Roly Munroe I got, so far out three bowls & 1 large vase I've gone through the sides or bottom of 3 of them, luckily it's mostly scrappy wood. The vase was looking good, even if it was a pine type log out of the garden, my fault trying too hard & it had an unseen split in it too.
Never mind, will get there in the end. The Roly Munroe really is the bees knees for hollowing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).