• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Delrin

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
More a thanks to Phill for droping me off some Delrin last week, I managed to update my mandrell saver by turning a new snout for it from the Delrin today.

Didn`t half make some mess though worse than turning acrylic blanks with longer ribbons that don`t half whip your fingers.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Looks great Doug the next step is steel Delrin is still soft. I figure the way manufacture goes the mandrel saver cost at around 20 plus pounds should make it attractive to buy. Mind you I am astounded at the price of stuff in the UK.

Your turning is smooth as.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Looks good Doug, now can you make us all some bushes/bushings from it my friend .. :winking:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Looks good Doug, now can you make us all some bushes/bushings from it my friend .. :winking:

I'd happily make some Jim but I'd need some more Delrin, I've one more blank left & I'm keeping it safe until I've seen how I get on with this saver :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Delrin, over here is sold en masse at Engineering supply places in every size and shape a lot of offcuts cheaply as well look for some around your bushing sizes easy making just cut to length especially if you use them when glue applications of CA for finishing.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).