• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First Corians

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well Chris you made a good job with them mate well done did you enjoy turning it

Corbs

Apprentice Member
Well Chris you made a good job with them mate well done did you enjoy turning it

Hi Woody, yes enjoyed turning them, my wife likes acrylics over wood and I think I like wood more. Acrylics and corian very messy but easier to finish. Only been pen turning a few weeks and looks like I'm hooked.
Regards
Chris

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Woody, yes enjoyed turning them, my wife likes acrylics over wood and I think I like wood more. Acrylics and corian very messy but easier to finish. Only been pen turning a few weeks and looks like I'm hooked.
Regards
Chris
Its the same for most of us Chris my wife will try to nick every acrylic pen I make but I love wood I have over 500 pens all made from different woods collected over the years I'm a sado I collect wood in the form of pens

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Its the same for most of us Chris my wife will try to nick every acrylic pen I make but I love wood I have over 500 pens all made from different woods collected over the years I'm a sado I collect wood in the form of pens

Woody nothing wrong with your collection mate makes perfect sense to me where it catches up on me I will have to get spare biros some of my pens go back whenever and the refills would be forgiven if they dry out and often I dig our duplicates for friends.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Corbs I share your enthusiasm for Corian try to get some thicker stuff, using Streamline centre bands you will go cross eyed drilling 7mm holes in 1/2 inch stuff.

Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Chris, i like corian also, it does make some very nice pens as your picture shows .. :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).