• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tool post prices vs Style and bates for microclene seems such a huge difference? Ok?

Paul

Fellow
Can I just check that people use them a lot. The reason I ask is that I'm going to buy the microclene 760. They sell it for £185 whilst style and bates are £334. I know s&b but it seems such a price difference that I thought I would check with you guys?

Paul

Fellow
Phone call to Dave bates required, oieee Matey you're too expensive have you made a mistake?

I'm definitely going to drop him a line, as he's a lovely chap, not sure if you been there but it's a lovely spot on a working farm. More than happy to pay extra for local business, though these prices are way off on this item.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Yup, I know Dave and the lady in the shop whose name escapes me, I dread driving there as the long single track roads is frequented by mums driving Chelsea tractors at schools out time who have got no idea that you can't reverse a long wheelbase at 50 mph just because they're late and can't possibly reverse their x5 for a van driver!

Paul

Fellow
Yup, I know Dave and the lady in the shop whose name escapes me, I dread driving there as the long single track roads is frequented by mums driving Chelsea tractors at schools out time who have got no idea that you can't reverse a long wheelbase at 50 mph just because they're late and can't possibly reverse their x5 for a van driver!

They cannot possible get their trim dusty..... (And your radio turns French on the approach road. ) other than that, great place :-)

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Violet got mine from tool post before Christmas no problems but than I never did have problems with them

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I have just found out what Flemish is for bollocks. See willyvanhoutte.be who claim the mc760 was "designed exclusively for our company". I suppose they could be right, after all, the Belgians did develop Teflon, put the first man in space, design the telephone, internal combustion engine, dos, but most important of all they told the world to put mayo on their chips

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).