• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I don't know what to classify this piece.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
This is a piece that I've just finished for a friend. I can hardly call it a bowl so I've put it in this section.
The main body is Ripple Sycamore and the finial is Indian Ebony.
After this I will be making some fruit and then back to pens.

Regards
Terry:thumbs:

Attachments

• 001 (300x400).jpg
    001 (300x400).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 32
  • 002 (400x300).jpg
    002 (400x300).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 004 (400x300).jpg
    004 (400x300).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 32

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
That is very nice mate, if you can't decide what to call it you shouldn't have it in your possesion, i will be over to collect it ASAP and i will call it "A special project for a special friend" :thumbs:

I love it. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
You have a knack at this game Terry, do you do demo's ... :devil:

Nice looking bowl, sphere or what ever you call it. :thumbs:

Just to add, i have never seen Sycamore look so good ... :bwink:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I am still a novice Jim. I have only really been turning for a year or so and I am self taught.
The one thing about this forum is all the guys are supportive which I can't really say about the AGWM.
I have never done a demo in my life and I don't know if I could. I make mistakes and get a few "catches" along the way. I wouldn't mind doing a one to one but a demo maybe for the future when I'm better!!!

Regards
Terry:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).