• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bullet pen - nearly but not quite

Ralphsputin

IMG_1517.JPG

5.56mm cartridge, sonokelling cap but I turned the top a bit narrow, I may go for a Slim-Line top on the next one which would match the rifle clip diameter.The gold and brass don't quite go together - maybe I should go for a contrast next time.

FYI 20 coats CA and the cartridge was lacquered with Rustins metal lacquer.

The cartridge is only slightly too short for the 7mm Euro-style barrel but the Euro cap is almost exactly matching diameter.

Cheers!

Ralph

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A good effort Ralph. I would have left off the belt and as you say put a slimline hat on it.
Other than that it has gone very nice for you.
I agree about the gold and brass my efforts so far have been but in future I think I will go for copper and brass.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
That's a fair old effort ...... like grump says it's got to be copper for the tip.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I do find your pen to be acceptable all round you have given a list of probs I dont find take away from the pen, symantics for mine. Also like the treatment of the cartridge.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).